Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday Morning Rain is Falling...


Few months ago in the Hearlad Sun there was an article about a pork sandwich, this thing looked so good! (maybe it was because I was craving) but I wanted to give it ago, plus pork is another thing that my girlfriend has an un-natural obsession over, custard and pork!

We ventured down to Collingwood where I used to do some part time web design when I was in uni and found that if I just had ventured a little further I would be at the home of this pork sandwich.


Proud Mary is a busy little café tucked away in a back street of Collingwood but this place is definitely known by locals and people in need of a caffeine hit. The café has a homey feel to it yet cool enough to fit in to the young demographic social scene which is Collingwood.


They have a great breakfast menu with a few classics, and some interesting combos similar to what EARL canteen are doing but WITH BREAKFAST and everyone loves breakfast. Some highlights for me was ricotta hotcakes with Caramelized peach, orange blossom and white chocolate semi freddo and brown sugar baked figs, chocolate & hazelnut fingers, vincotto, mascarpone. Though we didn’t have anything from the breakfast menu it was very tempting.

We were there for pork and pork we had. Looking at the lunch menu the Duck Ravioli caught my eye being a duck fan it was an easy choice for me.

House Made Duck & Chestnut Ravioli, Sage Beurre Noisette and Shaved Parmesan.
Pretty plain, sounds better on paper, but pasta was beautifully cooked. but it just needs something else for a little extra oomph.
  

Roasted Pork Belly Sandwich, Smoked Paprika Relish, Aioli 
Did this thing deliver? Yes it did! juicy moist pork with balance of sweet and creamy from the condiments, I would definitely down another, or even head home to make my own.

Cute cafe, good service, good food. good coffee. What more can you ask for? If you live close drop by even if you don't come get some breaky and a pork sandwich.


 
Proud Mary on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment