Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 158 - 159: M.U.L.E

This weekend I was the kitchen mule, operating outside of service I got to move around and help out in hot entrée, larder, the pass and even a bit in pastry. Since the two in larder with me were fine handling service alone, I just jumped in where I was needed and prepped extra for the day after to lift the load on the AM team. I also did my first stock take in 3 months, i forgot how annoying it is sitting in the fridge and counting oysters.

We got our cryo-vac machine on Friday and in a few days our water bath will also be delivered, I guess keeping up with the times is what’s going to help Donovans’ retain their reputation and the only way to do this is to embrace the new technology, which hotels and new restaurants like Cutler and Co are already using.

There has already been some trialing, compressing watermelons and other menu items to see what’s viable and where. It going to be a interesting next year to see where this will take us in terms of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment