Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Restaurant Review: Quanjude


This is my parent’s new favorite place to eat. I’ve been here once but this time, I decided to write about it. How can I describe it? It like a upper class old kingdom, where old kingdom is plentiful Quanjude is classy.

It is situated on the corner of Queens and Latrobe, where that building with some weird freaky artsy mural of ever changing trippy things with body parts and animals. The space used to be occupied by another Chinese restaurant called Jakie’s or something along those lines.

Last time I was here was about a year ago, where I had the best melt in your mouth Wagyu I’ve ever had, stir fried with black pepper and honey this was just indescribable bliss.

I’m here to celebrate mum's birthday this time and there’s a lot of people so there’s a lot of food.

Tofu Skins Stuffed with Seasoned Pork and Duck Minced
Deep Fried with Sweet Chilli

Rice Wine and Soy Marinated Duck Hearts.
Glass like skin on this ducky!
Look at the grin, on this guy. He knows this duck is perfect.
Although this duck was perfectly cooked and juicy, there was like zero
fat which I didn't really like.
Soy Glazed Caramelized Pork Belly with Egg Yolk
Spinch Stir Fried with Fresh Crab Meat and Garlic.
Sweet Soy and Ginger Steamed Murry Cod with Coriander.
Braised Pork and Fish Belly with Fresh Snow Peas
This place is great, from the duck to the normal menu items, it's all very traditional and beautifully cooked. The price is a little steep but service is excellent. They have definitely learned to perfect duck in the 144 years they have been around for.
It's quite busy here so you might have to book in advanced but there's a good atmosphere here, this is one of the better Chinese restaurants in Melbourne. I'd put it up there with Crystal Jade in China Town.

Address: 299 Queen St, Melbourne, 3000
Phone: (03) 9670 0091Website: http://www.quanjude.com.au/
Times: 12PM - 3PM Lunch 6PM-11PM Dinner
Quanjude Peking Duck on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. i like the fat, reminds me of goose from HK so fatty and indulgent =)~~~~

    ReplyDelete