Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School Day 20: Practice Practice Practice


Practice Practice Practice. Time to fill you guys in on a secret! 2 weeks ago I was given the chance to enter the Aus-Tafe Culinary Challenge, representing 1st year Sofitel Culinary Acadamy vs Other 1st Year Commercial Cookary student from other schools in Victoria at the Fine Food Festival in September. The Criteria was 2 hours to cook 2 portions of a main sized pork dish, a portion of precision cut green vegetable, component of starch, and a sauce.

I’ve been brainstorming some ideas and I decided to do a variation of my Terroir Pig. Going through several books, and interchanging components to fit the criteria, there were several final ideas I wanted to try.

Being allowed to use our school day for practice me and the other 1st year apprentice from the new Gordon Ramsay Restaurant Maze I entered with had all day this week to test our ideas

Terroir Pig v2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment