Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 73: Pre-Labour Day Pains


Silly me thinking it was going to be a easy Sunday split because we had a slow lunch. After my break I came back confident of a hard nights work, but by the time it was 7:30 I had lost all hope that anyone would actually come eat because of this crazy weather.

This is probably why it hurt so much more when 8-9:30 was packed with 120 all at once. I barely scraped through without messing up, and due to the rush my paranoia kicked in making me doubt myself that I pinned a docked which had mains to order.

Turns out in the end I had nothing much on mains the whole night only a lot of oysters for entrees.

Also guess what I'm no longer required to work on Labour day for public holiday rates looks like tomorrow is a day off. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I've been cooking in a commercial kitchen for three years now, not long out of culinary school, so reading your experiences is like looking back on my recent past. I still have so much to learn too... I started my blog because I enjoyed food, which a few years later led to me quitting my old job (I'm an orchardist by trade) and training to be a chef. You'll be amazed over time as you see your skill set grow, as well as the development of your palate. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY Nigel, i never expected for anyone to follow this. I just figured it be cool to have a place to look back on as i grew.

    Are you based in Australia as well?

    ReplyDelete