Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 150: A PM with chef

I arrived expecting the worse, that he would be in a bad mood and I would have the worse night of my working life, as such as my traumatizing 1st time on the pass. But 4 months have passed now and I can actually be helpful up there these days.

One of the sous chefs stayed back to explain everything in detail for me just in case. I got my 4 tastes up, which consisted of squid with ancho aioli, prosciutto with olives and sun dried tomatoes, caponata on garlic flat bread and cauliflower fritters.

There was 130 booked and as I expected I was pushed to be faster, cleaner and more organized. Just being up there is very intimidating and I know his pushing is only going to help me improve but the mental stress was killing me.

When it came around to the end of the night he showed me how to carve a flower from carrots, spring onions and an apple. 


No pans thrown at me or screams. I think it went pretty well,

No comments:

Post a Comment