Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 65: Genoise and Birthdays.

This week has been crazy! Every night has been busy with up to 150 covers. Its not even any special occasions just the middle of February.

The knife sharpener came in yesterday I got my 1st cook knife The Furi sharpened. Hopefully I can keep it that way. It is just as sharp it was the day I got it.
 
I also learnt how to make a “Genoise” which is apparently the real name for sponge cake, maybe ill have some time to attempt it this weekend because I was lucky enough to get my girlfriends birthday off this week. So I’m off to get ready…

3 comments:

  1. mmm cake. made a Sachertorte and a carrot cake (my carrot cake tho...spicy and full of cloves!)
    for my grandpas birthday. unfortunately i havent yet mastered the art of cutting thru cakes in a straight line...i went up and down all over the place and patched up the little flaps with syrup. still tsated great tho....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmm Carrot cake! I haven't had one in years. Your recipe sounds YUM. I loved spiced things.

    My mum has a method I've seen her use where she uses sewing cotton to slice through a hot cake with 1 clean motion. maybe that would help u with a clean cut E

    - The Pantsless Chef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genoise is a gorgeous cake. I'm sure your gf loved it!

    ReplyDelete