Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 60 - 61: Pass Training

The last two days I’ve been put through my pass training. Yesterday was ok, clear explanations of everything going on and instruction on what to do and how to plate dishes as well as how to read the pass dockets on a night with 140 booked. Orders came in normally and spaced out.

Tonight I was on the pass with the Head Chef, which made me nervous and extremely jumpy. He liked to not talk and just made hand gestures which were extremely confusing. What made it worse was the 160 booked all coming at once, I was so confused I had no idea what was going on in Larder and I helped hot entrees put up some sides while stuff was happening everywhere.

It was a very stressful night. It was the first night in a while I wished I could go home early. 

2 comments:

  1. ugh hand gestures are confusing, especially when everyone assumes you know what is going on just because they do. But it shows just how good you are if you can deal with the difficult and stressful without breaking down.

    what is your school/work ratio. Do you do a full day at school and spend the night working, or is the program a time share one where you spend some school time at work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey E

    Work is 2 day weekend, which rotates every two weeks, and school falls on Monday's at Sofitel. So at the moment starting next week I'll be working 4 days a week.

    School runs like High school I assume 9-4. It counts as a day of work so we get paid for it.

    I'll get back to you how long the school hours are after my official start on Monday.

    - The Pantsless Chef

    ReplyDelete