Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 57: Bran Nue KNIVES!..

Lost focus today and came up late on two tables, felt crap for the rest of the day. I had it all till I had to remake a custom salad of just iceberg, tomatoes and walnuts. I need to get myself more organized and think ahead. I guess doing really well the last few days before my weekend, got me a little arrogant about my abilities in time management.


On a nicer note I got my new knives and equipment for school! Can't wait to chop a finger off.

Equipment Bag

Equimpent!

Sharp Objects.

Box of the new sharp objects!

All this stuff is required for the Sofitel Culinary Acadamy, along with the uniform embrodied with the school's logo.

Santoku Knife

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of those knives! They look so sharp and pretty - wow, that makes me sound um, crazy. It's just cooking with dull knives makes deidre a dull girl - you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Deidre! My first knife was a Furi. I got it like in my 2nd week of work.. It dulled the week after... After i got these Shun's I was just staring at them in awe for a while smiling, mum thought i was crazy too. Stupidly I took this photo on my bedsheets.. now theres a nice hole from the paring knife =(

    - The Pantsless Chef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much does a set like that cost? looks pretty sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. $1200 with the Shun Knives from DuraWear Shop, under William Angliss on corner of King and Latrobe St.
    This set came with.

    20cm Cooks Knife
    Paring Knife
    Boning Knife
    Filleting Knife
    Pallet Knife/Spatula
    Sharpening Steel
    30cm Whisk
    Vegetable Peeler
    Zester
    Fish Lifter
    1cm Star Nozzle
    1cm Plain Nozzle
    Pastry Brush
    Serving Spoon Perforated
    Serving Spoon Plain
    2oz Ladle
    Plastic Stirring Spoon
    3 Tea Towels
    Knife Box or Wrap
    Probe Thermometer

    The other ones are
    Mundial $363.75
    F. Dick $764.60
    Rottgen $448.70
    Trident $927.65
    Global $869.75

    Hope that helps.

    - The Pantsless Chef.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. What a lovely set of knives you have. By the way you can place more Foodista widget in your past and future blogs so that other Foodista readers can follow and see your blog too. Just search for a related recipe or food in Foodista and use its widget. I hope to read more from you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete