Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 5: The Lost Weekend

I love rain, the rain was a nice change to the hot hot weather we’ve been having, plus its good for the drought. Thinking today was not going to be busy despite what they told me about Sunday lunch at Donovans I went in really expecting a cruisy last day of the week. I was wrong!

Morning prep for lunch consisted of portioning vegetables, smoked salmon, squeezing lemon juice, cleaning fish heads to make the stock and a few other things I can’t really remember. Just before our busy lunch we had a fantastic bacon and eggs breakfast.

Lunch was exciting, the difference is on Sundays Donovans have 2 seating of lunch instead of the usual 1, meaning they cook basically until 4PM which is normally used for prep for dinner. I was on the stove again today and almost burnt the bacon the whole experience went rather smoothly but I assume only because of the chef that was on shift with me was very organized and also a great teacher. I finished at 5PM after packing away some oysters and cleaning down the cool rooms.

So that my 1st week down and now for 2 days off. Im looking forward to some catch up sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment