Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 2: Pain Explained..

The 2nd day was my second split shift. It was a very busy Thursday I was told 170 covers. the day started pretty smoothly no accidents till around midday when I sliced my thumb with a paring knife I did roughly the same jobs but through lunch I found out it would be a real struggle with my lack of experience and only two of us on larder we fell behind on our prep and went through semi rocky into lunch service.

My lunch break was short because of the lack of prep from the night before. I had an hour to bask in the sweltering heat to go grab some nuggets and a coke from Maccas. Dinner service was a real struggle pasty and another chef had to step in and help as we fell behind. I made the mistake of serving salad in a hot bowl. This is where I learnt you should never answer back.

As we finally finished dinner I washed the damn grill again. The 2nd round (1st was the night before) this time I was shown the slow and steady method which worked a little better, I’m not sure my fatigue was getting to me.  Thank god for PM start tomorrow…

That was my 13 hours.

THE GRILL: My arch nemisis. scrubbing it till its  stainless stell silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment