Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 4: Curdle Chaos

SPLITT SHIFT!# surprisingly I’m not feeling to bad after 12 hours. maybe it was my break in between. But I had fun today. I saw how things didn’t get wasted. I strained a awesome smelling stock which turns out it was made from the left over bones of the roast duck amazing what a little red while and veal stock and some random other ingredients can do.

I got to make 8 liters of mayo which I fucked up. The whole thing split leaving me shattered. Apparently I added the oil to fast and it broke the emulsification, leaving a curdled looking mess. Luckily it was saved by another chef at least it wasn’t a complete waste, learning how to bring it back with more egg yolks and some mustard was interesting.

Anyway to the exciting part I got to be on the stove today. Making Blini (some fat doughnut looking thing apparently its Russian) steaming vegetables and baking some oysters and sautéing some mushrooms. I think I did pretty well only fucked up 2 oysters I forgot about them during a sudden rush at dinner service. I liked it a lot more probably only because I didn’t have to try understanding the calls I was just told what to make and by when.

No comments:

Post a Comment