Tuesday, October 26, 2010

School Day 28 : Mr. Asian Tortelli.

Farinaceous continued. Missed out on making fettuccine last week whilst I participated as a helper in the Parmalat challenge so this week, I was happy that I got to show off some of my pasta skills I learnt whilst at Donovans.

The recipe we received was for a goats cheese and onion jam filling for the ravioli, many opted for more meaty options of whatever they could find in the fridges.

I decided to do colored pasta of smoked paprika and ginger with a filling of tomato basil lemon grass with goat’s cheese. I had no idea wether this would actually work or I’d make myself sick. I cooked one and found it a little bland, probably because I forgot to season my filling.

So a quick look in the fridges I came back with some garlic mayo lemons dill and potatoes.


Beautifully Streaky Lines of Smoked Paprika and Ginger.


Tomato, Basil, Lemongrass and Goasts Cheese.

Lemon Aioli, Patatas Bravas and Fresh Dill.

End result: Smoked Paprika and Ginger Tortelli filled with Tomato, Basil and Lemongrass scented Goat Cheese. On Lemon Aioli with Patatas Bravas and Fresh Dill.





No comments:

Post a Comment