Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 206 -210: Bourguignon-ing For a Holiday

Another big week flies past, with the new head chef implanting more menu changes, lighting up the menu with some classics and some fresh specials to match the beautiful summer weather we’ve been having.

I had 3 splits this week with the big wine function on Thursday to crazy booked out weekends with big numbers straight through. Days are getting bigger with more staff stationed on staff meals have to feed army’s. On top of all this we have a new 1st year apprentice who was as fresh as I was when I began around this time last year.

I found out I don’t deal that well with heat and stress at the same time, loosing concentration very quickly and getting flustered and focusing so much I can’t communicate properly. I guess it’s things I just have to work on.


New dishes on:

(Left - Right)
Crusted rack of lamb with Nicoise vegetables, creamy mash and a light lamb jus.
Our pork platter with prosciutto-wrapped fillet, crisp pork belly, cotechino and homemade chipolata with lentils and a spring salad
Deep-braised beef with pearl onions, mushrooms, crispy pancetta and creamy mash
Handmade ravioli filled with Moreton Bay bug and prawns served with vongole and a warm tomato vinaigrette
Melting milk chocolate cake with soft centre, caramelised banana and banana praline ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment