Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 138 - 139: Instinct

As I walked in yesterday morning my fellow larder chef was in the staff room bandaging his hand at 9AM. After a smart ass comment I walked into the kitchen and started our morning prep. Little did I know a few hours later I would be also in the same situation?

It was one of those things out of instinct; I broke a cardinal rule of safety in the kitchen. As I knocked a knife off the table I instinctively put my hand down to try to catch it. I knew as soon as I moved it would have been too late. A deep 2cm cut into my right rood finger just before the 1st joint.

This week Friday and Saturday were both busy and Thursday was pretty dead. I also found out that the junior sous chef resigned with 4 weeks left, he is like a big brother to me in the kitchen, stern but fair and has taught me many thing it will be sad to see him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment