Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 136 - 137: Durian Duran..

No school this week so I had Monday and Tuesday off.

I got to do some experimenting this week. I had a meeting with the apprenticeship center for a 6 month check up and a long break so I decided to create one of my recipes in my four tastes folder. I choose the Tomato Terrene just because it sounded interesting.

I also decided to introduce our chefs to the wondrous tropical fruits of Asia and decided to bring in a Durian. If you don’t know what it is? I would describe it as a giant spiked fruit bearing resemblance to jackfruit but with a creamy white flesh inside which has a very unique smell similar to rotten onions.

Well to say the least only 2 people seemed to like it out of the 12 that actually tried it. Personally im not a fan, ever since I was forced to eat it when I was 6!


Sweet Onion and Tomato Terrene.

No comments:

Post a Comment